Well Christmas is over, and here we are in a brand new year! Welcome to 2015 and I hope it is healthy, happy and prosperous for you.
I am the worlds most disorganised mum, but I do love reading other peoples tips and advice to get more organised and make life a little easier. I thought I would share, at the beginning of each month, some tips that I have discovered to help you, and I will ask for your ideas too.
1. Treat yourself (if Santa didn’t bring you one!) to a family organiser. With a column for each family member, you can add everything for everyone. Only have one organiser, in a really easy to see spot, where you can easily reach it to write on. I love this Hedgehugs one. Try and have one diary too, and jot all family happenings on your organiser, and in your diary .(I have to confess, I do have a separate planner for blogging!). Now is the time to add all birthdays for the year ahead too.
2. Buy your wrapping paper, cards, tags and new Christmas lights in the January sales. You should save at least 50%.
3. Go to the November page of your organiser, and make a note of where you have stored the Christmas decorations, and any wrapping paper, cards or early presents you have bought in the sales! This makes SUCH a difference in finding it all! Also buy any looming Birthday gifts in the sales too.
4. Buy big, clear plastic storage tubs with fitted lids for your decorations, I have found PoundStretcher is the cheapest, I bought two large boxes for £10. You can see what is inside, and contents will be protected from any damp.
5. Have a box of emergency presents for your children’s friends birthdays. Mine usually announce the night before that they need a gift! Have a few boy / girl and age appropriate gifts, buy them in the sales or when you spot a Pound Shop bargain. Have some cards too, buy birthday cards in small packs.
6. Don’t forget to recycle all present packaging, cards, wrapping, and your real Christmas Tree. Many areas have a tree collection / shredding point.
7. Throw away any broken, incomplete or unused decorations or lights. I have stored broken lights for three years, thinking I could fix them!
I hope you find these tips useful, what are your January Top Tips?
Linking up to…