January Top Tips

Well Christmas is over, and here we are in a brand new year! Welcome to 2015 and I hope it is healthy, happy and prosperous for you.

january

I am the worlds most disorganised mum, but I do love reading other peoples tips and advice to get more organised and make life a little easier. I thought I would share, at the beginning of each month, some tips that I have discovered to help you, and I will ask for your ideas too.

1. Treat yourself (if Santa didn’t bring you one!) to a family organiser. With a column for each family member, you can add everything for everyone. Only have one organiser, in a really easy to see spot, where you can easily reach it to write on. I love this Hedgehugs one. Try and have one diary too, and jot all family happenings on your organiser, and in your diary .(I have to confess, I do have a separate planner for blogging!). Now is the time to add all birthdays for the year ahead too.

hedgehugs family organiser

2. Buy your wrapping paper, cards, tags and new Christmas lights in the January sales. You should save at least 50%.

3. Go to the November page of your organiser, and make a note of where you have stored the Christmas decorations, and any wrapping paper, cards or early presents you have bought in the sales! This makes SUCH a difference in finding it all! Also buy any looming Birthday gifts in the sales too.

4. Buy big, clear plastic storage tubs with fitted lids for your decorations, I have found PoundStretcher is the cheapest, I bought two large boxes for £10. You can see what is inside, and contents will be protected from any damp.

5. Have a box of emergency presents for your children’s friends birthdays. Mine usually announce the night before that they need a gift! Have a few boy / girl and age appropriate gifts, buy them in the sales or when you spot a Pound Shop bargain. Have some cards too, buy birthday cards in small packs.

6. Don’t forget to recycle all present packaging, cards, wrapping, and your real Christmas Tree. Many areas have a tree collection / shredding point.

7. Throw away any broken, incomplete or unused decorations or lights. I have stored broken lights for three years, thinking I could fix them!

I hope you find these tips useful, what are your January Top Tips?

Kaz x

Linking up to…

1. Jess Howliston

Thanks for some great ideas! Like you I am so unorganised! I seem to have these great ideas and then run out of time or just plain forget lol! I am definitely going to take your tip of getting an organiser so thank you xx

2. Clare Mansell

I totally agree with number seven. I know we have been guilty of it, but why oh why do we put broken stuff back in the box!?

3. Hannah

Happy new year. I like that Hedgehugs organizer, its so cute x

4. Katy {What Katy Said}

Good idea writing it in November- I forgot I had stocked up early last year and ended up buying more!!! #TheList

5. Bakedpotatomummy

Great tips. I loved that organiser. I always have a stash of kids presents which I collect throughout the year when I see a bargain. It makes friends’ birthdays and xmas more manageable

6. Jenna

Great tips – I think we’e kept dodgy Christmas lights too. Pointless!

#TheList

Jenna at Tinyfootsteps xx

7. Lindsay @ Newcastle Family Life

some great tips. I so disorganised i really need to start following some of these as i am determined to be more organised this year xx #TheList

8. Emz

Number 5 is something I need to do, got caught short a few times this year and now doubt from here onwards now I have a baby! x

9. Gemma

Love the tips about writing locations in your diary in November, little tags are so easy to lose.

10. Pingback: It's not too late to get organised! - HedgehugsHedgehugs

11. Verily Victoria Vocalises

The only thing I don’t do on this list is number 3 – but what a brilliant idea! I am SO going to do this. Thank you for linking to #PoCoLo :) x

12. hannah

Fab ideas! I already decided this year to buy paper and cards etc in the Jan sales. I’ll thank myself next year! #binkylinky

13. The L's Mum

Fab post, I love the point about noting down in November where you have hidden all the xmas stuff. Great tips here. #TheList

14. Kim Carberry

Great ideas!! Fab ways to get organised x

15. Emily

Number three is an excellent tip! I’m guilty of putting things away and losing away them, never to be seen again! Thanks for linking up to the #BinkyLinky

16. Alana Perrin

Wow! You’re so organised! I need to take some tips from this … I’m terrible!
    Alana x

17. Sophie Lovett

Brilliant ideas, though I’d never be organised enough to see them through :)

18. Tin Box Traveller

Good tips! I’ve managed to get my wrapping paper and cards for this year already – I made the mistake of not doing that last year. Ouch! It’s a lot more costly full price. I’ve also picked up a few presents for this year in the sales but wish I had put aside more cash to get all my 2015 Christmas shopping done. I know people who do who save a fortune! The only problem is where to store it all for 12 months!! #TheList

19. Zena's Suitcase

Great tips lovely, especially making a note in November where you put all the wrapping etc! I’ll be using that one. My tip is start saving for Christmas, it will save a big bill at the end of the year zx

20. You Baby Me Mummy

Great tips! I love organisational tips! I pick up presents and cards and stockpile them for emergencies! Thanks for linking up to #TheList x

21. everything mummy

great tips i need to get more organised i love your family panner!! x

22. lisa prince

great ideas, i have already bought some big boxes but we used them to put all the new xmas toys in so the old ones stayed upstaires stopping them from getting broken