Keep Calm and Meditate

meditate

I am launching very soon a series of posts talking about How to Meditate. That is my word this week. Meditate.

Lots of people dismiss meditation as a bit airy-fairy, a bit hippy, or something Buddhist Monks do, that takes a lifetime of training to ‘do’.

Not So!

I have been teaching meditation and relaxation classes for over five years, and I hold a weekly class at my local cancer support centre, for sufferers and their supporters.

Meditaton is amazing! It is proven (I am afraid I can’t quote you the sources right now) to lower blood pressure, ease anxiety, improve general mood and well being, and increase your abilty to cope.

There are different types of meditation – and they do not need you to have an ‘empty’ mind, or take hours of your time, or costly training – you can meditate in ten minutes in your car (obviously not whilst driving!)

If you are curious, please keep an eye out for my series, it will definitely help you :)

The Reading Residence
Post Comment Love

1. Sharon Pickles

I wish I could stop my brain from whirring and be still enough to meditate! #PoCoLo

2. Serotiny

Meditation is wonderfully helpful. I look forward go reading your posts.
    I’ve been trying to attempt mindfulness meditation for my health, I’m hoping it will assist in my pain management like other forms help in other areas of my life.

Have a good weekend
    Sx

3. Merlinda Little ( @pixiedusk)

Calmness is what I need to learn! I am so looking forward to this series =) #wotw

4. The Reading Residence

Sounds like a great idea for a series, with your experience. Hope it goes well! Thanks for sharing with #WotW x

5. Carol Cameleon

Oooh that sounds great, will keep an eye out. I’ve just started a #TheZenZing series which looks at how to put the zing back into your energy levels and life in general and will be including meditation. This sounds right up my street. am also doing a crystal healing practitioner’s course at the mo. :) #WordoftheWeek

6. Debbie

An excellent word of the week! I have a friend who meditates regularly and swears by it, so this week I have had a go. Not sure if I’ve been doing it right though. Will watch out for your posts and see what I can learn!

#PoCoLo.

7. Mommy's Little Princesses

What a lovely word of the week and a word that so many people could do with putting into practice. Xx

8. Jayne@SMABL

Wishing you all the best with your new series, I’m sure a lot of people will take interest in this x
    #WotW

9. Kim Carberry

I will be keeping an eye out….It all sounds very interesting x

10. Sophie Lovett

I would love to find the time to meditate – I know it would be so worth it but other things keep getting in the way! When I was teaching I experimented with introducing it to morning registrations. It was amazing what an impact even 5 minutes had on teenagers – they were cynical at first but really got into it!

11. Multicraftingmummy

I d definitly be interested in learning how to meditate especially if it could be slotted into my busy day for maybe just a few mins at a time like when i m sat in the car waiting fir the kids to come out of school. #wotw

12. Verily Victoria Vocalises

What a great idea. I have been working with a lady who does meditation, CBT and tapping. It is so interesting. I look forward to seeing your posts. Thank you for linking to #PoCoLo