Happy New Year!
Well, my new shiny blog is here, albeit very bare and simple at the moment. I have some simple New Years Resolutions, and I really hope I stick to them! Being a Gemini, I am very much a butterfly, and I tend to flit from one thing to another, but what I love about blogging is that I can write what I want, when I want, and not at all if I don’t want to! I can choose what to write about (I am not very good at being told what to do!) Anyway, here they are…
1. To resurrect my mindfulness practice. I was fully mindful during my pregnancy with Pickle, and it made a huge difference to my stress levels, my family’s harmony, and my life! That is partly why, I am convinced, he is so chilled and placid.
2. To LISTEN. I have a HNC in Integrative Counselling, and during my training, we were taught all about active listening, and, believe me, it makes a huge difference to how you react, and are reacted to.
3. To blog full time. I worked out that I already squeeze in at least 35 hours a week blogging! I couldn’t believe it! So when Pickle starts a little playgroup this term at some point, I will have more time too! (In theory!)
4. To be more hands on with Pickle – involving the others too of course! When my other children were very young, I felt I couldn’t really get messy because their dad would have gone mad, so I really want to do it this time! I want us to paint, to bake, to make and create. I can’t wait! And no-one can tell me off!
5. To be more ‘adult’. I am close to my children, sometimes it seems we are friends first, which is lovely, but tricky when it comes to discipline. So, I want to, in a non-shouty, non-aggresive way, be more ‘adult’ when appropriate.
That’ll do for now! Have you made any?