How To Meditate #2

Have you ever experienced a walking meditation? It is something you can do every time you go for a walk, whether it be to the shops, around your town, in a park, or across the beach.

Be mindful when you walk, focus only on what you are doing at that moment. If your mind starts to wander off, gently bring it back to focus on what your senses are experiencing at that moment. Feel your feet making contact with the ground below. Feel the air on your skin, the sunshine – or rain – against your skin. Really connect with the moment. Look round you – notice everything.There is plenty of time later to think about all the things you have to do.This will make your walk a more fulfilling experience.

kai walk

By being ‘in the moment’ and really connecting with what you are doing, a walk anywhere becomes more interesting. What can you feel? What can you see? What can you smell? What can you touch? What can you taste? By fully tuning into your walk, you will notice things you have never spotted before – even in your street, your local park, or around your town. You can walk anywhere!

A walk in the rain is so beneficial too. Rain is so cleansing. Again, fully connect with the moment, fully embrace the rain. Be thankful for the rain, it is essential to us. By thinking positively you will lift your mood.

Try it, and see how different it feels – and what you notice too!

Binky Linky
Post Comment Love

1. Shannon Hudson

Thanks so much for sharing this – it’s not something I’ve ever tried, but sounds like a great way to get a little ‘me time’ in, even if I’m walking along with the pram.

2. hannah

your posts each week are making me excited for my meditation class to start in march! #binkylinky

3. Bloggermummylauren

I love walking, but I would usually use my walk to think about things, I don’t think I have ever really concentrated on what I’m seeing and feeling on the actual walk. May give it a try x

4. Cardiff Mummy Says

I love walking mexditation. On my yoga teacher training course, we did one on the grass, bare-footed, in the sunshine. Really beautiful. #binkylinky

5. Christine

Never thought of doing this. I tend to zone out a bit on walks and will often find myself humming a tune or something without realising. Will have to give it a try. #pocolo

6. Debbie

I enjoy a nice walk with the dogs and when I go alone I leave my thoughts at home and focus on the moment and nature around me.

Today I went up the fields, just me and two dogs. An hour walking, taking deep breaths of fresh, cold air and listening to the sounds of nature in the here and now worked wonders for my mood. I got home feeling fresh and invigorated…I would highly recommend a meditative walk whatever the weather!

#PoCoLo

7. Emily

I’ve never meditated before, but it does appeal to me. Thanks for linking up the #BinkyLinky

8. Verily Victoria Vocalises

I had never thought of this before but it sounds like a great thing to do. Thank you for linking to #PoCoLo x